TERMS and CONDITIONS
Eden Dance Institute (EDI) offers an all-inclusive fee structure, paid through direct debit on a monthly basis. For new starters, there is a minimum commitment of three months (except where the child enters under an introductory package).
12 months of all-inclusive fees covers 38 weeks of term time lessons, one full set of dancewear per genre, one pair of shoes per genre and as dictated by the child’s dance program; performance opportunities, videography and exams. EDI will not replace dancewear or shoes that have been lost or outgrown.
Refunds will only be made where EDI cancels a class or where there is a long term illness or long term injury, subject to a doctor’s note. Full or partial refunds will not be issued where a student chooses not to, or is unable to participate in any inclusions that are part of their program. All other refunds will be at the discretion of EDI or otherwise permitted by Law.
Our all inclusive fee structure, includes where applicable (but is not limited to):
• Classwear/Uniform per 12 months of enrolment
• Footwear- one pair per genre, per 12 months of enrolment
• Performance opportunities
• Videography and Photography
• Examination fees where applicable
UNPAID OR LATE ACCOUNTS
In the event where direct debit payments fail, a $9 fee will be charged. The system will re-try every three days and the fee is applied for each failed attempt. To avoid fees, please let us know if you encounter difficulties before your payment is due so we can delay the payment.
In the event where you are invoiced for any additional expenses, late payments will have late fees applied. If deemed necessary, EDI will pass outstanding accounts to a debt collection agency, the cost of which will be added to your account.
Please note we do not offer refunds or pro-rated fees for absences.
Please make us aware of class absences as soon as possible. Where we are notified of an absence due to sickness 12 hours before a class and an absence due to travel 7 days before a class, a makeup class may be available. While every effort is made to accommodate make up classes, spaces in classes may not be available and cannot be guaranteed. Children may attend a maximum of two make up classes each term.
Participation in performance opportunities is expected and encouraged. There are no fee refunds or allowance for children who do not participate in the annual performance associated with their program.
PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEOGRAPHY and ADVERTISING
Photos and videos of your children may be taken and used in advertising and promotional materials UNLESS you specify otherwise. To opt out, email email@example.com
CANCELLATION OF ENROLMENT BY EDI
Your enrolment at EDI will be cancelled where any of the following occurs:
• Fees remain unpaid
• You fail to comply with any reasonable direction issued by any staff member of EDI which compromises our ability to provide our services to students or compromises the safety and welfare of others students of EDI.
• You, or your child conducts themselves in a manner not in line with the values of EDI.
• If in our sole discretion EDI considers it is no longer appropriate to provide the services to you.
A minimum of three months of fees is required each calendar year. With the acception of those whom entered via our introductory package.
If you wish to withdraw from EDI programs, one months written notice must be given, during this period your final monthly payment will be deducted by Eden Dance Institute.
Where a child has participated in the annual performance, both the November and December payments must be made, regardless of notice given before the performance.
CLASSWEAR AND APPEARANCE
Your child will be provided with suitable dancewear as part of their all inclusive fees. There may be a small delay in receiving the uniform where stock is limited or your child needs to be assessed in the level they are entering.
It is not compulsory for children to wear full uniform to class each week but there are minimum guidelines that must be followed:
1) Dancewear- Form fitting clothes must be worn to enable us to check body alignment. Children are permitted to wear crop tops for jazz and acro as long as the distance between the bottom of the crop top and top of leggings/shorts is no more than the width of the child's hand. Children in the junior, intermediate and senior ballet classes must wear a leotard for each class, with ballet skirt and tights optional.
2) Hair must be neat and tied up for all classes. Children in the junior, intermediate and senior ballet classes must have hair in a neat bun.
3) Footwear- Children in the Tippy Toes program may wear barefoot for acro, and other classes if they wish, with the exception of tap! Ballet, jazz and tap shoes will be provided at their first class (stock permitting).
4) Makeup is strictly prohibited at all classes and will not be used for performances until it is both developmentally appropriate and theatrics demand it.
STUDIO ETIQUETTE - TIPPY TOES PROGRAM
• Please understand that the sole purpose of allowing our parents into the studio in our Tippy Toes program is to PROVIDE SUPPORT for the dancer. This allows us to provide a supportive and nurturing environment for many children who would otherwise be unable to engage in dance.
• No mobile phones to be used in the studio during class time.
• It is not acceptable to come in and out of the studio once class has commenced.
• Please encourage your child to use the toilet before coming in to the studio.
• Please do not enter the studio while music is playing. If you are late to class please wait until a break in the music and settle your child on their mat as quickly as possible.
• Please do not talk to other parents during the class. This adds to the overall volume in the studio, becoming overwhelming, distracting and slowing down progress.
• Please try to limit the number of family members observing your child.
It is understandable that from time to time you may have ‘special guests’ wishing to observe the class, and this is totally acceptable. However, we do not have the capacity to have many people watching each child every week. If you have multiple siblings with you then please consider setting them up in the wait room or encouraging your dancer to come in to class independently.
• Please remove unsettled siblings immediately. If siblings must be present in the studio, please ensure they offer their chairs to adults and they have something to keep them occupied. Please do not allow siblings on to the dance floor.
• No food is permitted in the studio. Students are required to bring water to hydrate themselves during class.
• Please do not instruct your child from the seats. Your teacher will instruct their dancing, if they need behavioural support please come on to the dance floor and support them in a positive manner.
• Please do not bring sick children or their siblings to the studio. We have anumber of children who have a compromised immune system and we do not encourage the spreading of germs! If your child is unwell please drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the alternative days you are available and we will do my upmost to find you a make-up spot!